Why should you consider Laser Hair Reduction?
Nearly everybody has issues with body hair, it is natural but unwanted. Besides, it gets annoying having to remove it again and again and often the process is painful. Moreover, razor or waxing over time causes in-growth, pigmentation and other skin issues. We offer a permanent solution for all your hair removal woes.
Key reasons to choose Avataar’s Laser Hair Reduction
Make way for silky smooth skin in the comfort of your home
Assured 90-95% reduction in hair growth
How does it work?
In a laser hair removal procedure, a bright flash of concentrated light is applied to the area that needs hair removal. This light then penetrates the skin and selectively targets the melanin in the hair follicles. The melanin absorbs the light energy which destroys the hair. Depending on the client this process requires at least 4-6 sessions to see permanent results. After that some people may need touch ups but that varies from person to person.
Key Steps of Laser Hair Reduction
Laser hair reduction process is completely painless and easy! It can be done at the comfort of your home! The steps involved:
The area to be treated is intensely cleaned with a high quality cleanser to remove any dust or particles
The hair on the treatment area are then shaved using a razor
ECG gel is then applied to the area, now devoid of hair on the surface. This protects the skin layers from laser beams which can now easily target the hair roots/follicles under the skin
Laser probe is then hovered over the area and shots are triggered which destroy hair roots follicle by follicle. This is completely painless as Avataar uses high grade lasers with cool tip which makes it feel like an ice moving over the treatment area
ECG gel is removed, and sunscreen is applied to the treated area
Click to check pricing for single, three and six sessions for male and female
Frequently asked questions on Laser Hair Reduction
Let’s answer some common questions people have regarding permanent laser hair reduction.
About Laser Hair Reduction
It is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that applies a concentrated beam of light to permanently destroy the hair follicle. Here at Avataar we have FDA approved technology.
Is Laser Hair Reduction permanent?
Essentially laser hair removal procedure that destroys the hair follicle responsible for hair growth which makes it long-lasting. But different people respond to it differently some people might see a permanent results while some people might need a touch-up treatment in a year or two. With our state of the art technology, our clients won’t have to see hair for months or even years after a 6 session package. Clients with PCOD or any other health issues might need more sessions.
How long is the process?
The duration of the process depends on the area that is being treated. The process can take anywhere between a few minutes (usually involves a particular body part) or a few hours (full body) to complete the treatment. It takes about 15-20 minutes for small areas, 20-30 minutes for medium areas and 30-60 minutes for larger areas.
How many sessions does it take?
Majority of the people require about 4-6 sessions to see the results for laser hair reduction. People generally don’t need more than eight sessions and sometimes people may see results right after three to six sessions. The frequency and the number of treatments are spaced depending on the hair growth cycle of the client. It entirely depends on the client’s needs that determine the number of sessions required.
What to expect after the treatment?
The treatment may leave the skin sensitive and a bit irritated and it is better to avoid any activity that may cause the irritation to flare up like hot shower, exercise or sauna for at least 24 hours post treatment. Post treatment the skin will feel smooth; the period of hair growth will reduce. There might be some hair that might pop out but they will shed on their own in 10-15 days, during this period do not wax, shave or pluck the hair.
What is the post treatment care required?
Redness and bumps which appear immediately after the treatment are common and no cause for worry. They generally last up to 2 hours or longer.
- You can apply cold compress if redness and sensitivity persists
- Use a mild soap on the treated area and don’t rub but pat try at least for 48 hours post treatment
- If you experience further irritation then please avoid moisturizer, make up and deodorant until the irritation disappears
- You will need to avoid sun exposure to avoid dark spots
- Always use a sunscreen with SPF above 25 and it should protect you from both UVA/UVB rays for the next 2 months
- Make sure not to scratch or pick the treated skin. Do not attempt to wax or use tweezers is the treated area
- Avoid exposure to heat or sweat causing activities (gym, sauna etc.) for 24 hours
Is Laser Hair Reduction safe?
Laser treatments at Avataar are 100% safe as all the treatments are administered under the virtual supervision of qualified dermatologists and delivered by trained therapists. Our technology is cutting edge with globally acclaimed machines. The only change that you are going to experience would be the damage to the hair follicles on the skin. There is no other intervention with any hormonal or biological processes in your body.
Are there any side effects of Laser Hair Reduction?
There is absolutely no side effect. Only on occasions, the skin around the follicle can become irritated and red for a couple of hours after a session.
How do you ensure safety and treatment quality in at-home services?
All treatments take place under the virtual supervision of highly qualified and experienced dermatologists. Our therapists are all qualified and fully trained to deliver the treatments at home. Our treatments are so standardized that our process removes all possible human subjectivity to deliver best results safely at home.
Who can and cannot get laser hair reduction done?
Men and women with 16+ years of age can get hair reduction done. However, laser hair reduction is prescribed to be avoided for people with below conditions:
- People who are pregnant or nursing
- People with metal implants
- Have a history of keloid scars
- Tattoed areas of the skin are avoided
- People with vitiligo
What are the benefits of Laser Hair Reduction?
- You can achieve 90% hairless skin for the rest of your life.
- It is really economical especially in comparison to getting waxing from the salon. Laser hair removal may seem expensive but it is the best solution in the long run since you only have to get it done once unlike waxing where you have to visit a salon once or twice a month regularly.
- Laser hair reduction takes care of the root of the problem quite literally. The laser reaches the root of the hair where the follicle sits and destroys the follicle which stops the hair follicle from growing any more hair.
- The best part is that Laser hair reduction is completely painless. No more painful waxing and no more razor burns from shaving.